Managed v Self Storage
Midcon Data offers both managed and self storage. We all know what self-storage is, but what is managed storage?
- Boxes, files, and pallets are barcoded to track movement
- Tracking software guarantees files are returned to proper location
- Ability to search status of files from home or office computer 24/7
- Request, send, destroy items, and even order supplies online
- Our employees’ pick up and deliver items to you
- Individual units rented by space
- Inventory and organization is done by the client
- All deliveries, retrievals and refiles are done by the individual
- Best for long-term storage (more than 2 years), and businesses
- No cost to you for Shelving
- Storage is charged per box, so you never pay for empty space
- Every box and file that is handled is barcoded and tracked by our software for a chain of custody documentation.
- Best for short-term storage (1-6 month) and for individuals. Frequently used for a home or office relocation, or for an individual who wants a little extra space.
- You must purchase shelving
- Storage is charged by the unit, you pay for empty space
- Self manage risks like authorized access, file organization, retrieval/refile documentation, and over stacking.
- Insurance liability of having employees lift and handle heavy items.