Document shredding is a sustainable business practice that ensures the security of crucial information and reduces liability. Privacy protection is the main aim in shredding documents. Employers use a shredding machine to get rid of all private and legal documents that are of no use. This protects vital information that may have otherwise been compromised if carelessly thrown in the trash. However, there are some other reasons why you should be looking for a professional document shredding program. Here is an in-depth analysis:
• It Is the Law – Both the federal and state governments have mandated the shredding of documents for all companies. The Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act of 2004, or FACTA, holds that each company should possess a “certificate of destruction” that is provided by a professional shredding company in Oklahoma or anywhere else.
• Prevention of Identity Theft – Do you want to be explaining to your precious customers how their identities got revealed? If you do not like this idea, then shredding is the right option for your company. You should destroy all of your customers’ details before they are leaked and taken advantage of.
• Employee Protection – Employees have various data including bank accounts, credit card info, etc. that need to be protected. It is the duty of the employer to make sure those details do not fall into the hands of someone else. Even when employees leave the organization, their documents should be shredded to enhance protection of their data.
• Protection of Trade Secrets – If your trade secrets are on paper, it is essential to shred those once their needs are fulfilled. Otherwise, if those secrets get out somehow, your company will face serious consequences.
• Saving Business Reputation – If the media become aware of the fact that you did nothing to protect your employees’ data or your customers’ private details, they are going to defame your company. Reduce chances of such occurrences and shred all important evidence.
• It Is Environment-Friendly – If you hire a professional service for document shredding in Oklahoma City, your action will have a tremendous impact on the environment. This is because shredding companies do not only shred the documents but also recycle them. You can always take a stand in the media to shout out your contribution and impress your customers.
• Reduce Costs – Shredding eliminates excess trash overhauling costs. Plus, it saves your hard-earned resources from legal fines. If you hire a professional shredder, you do not have to pay for the hardware or the resources that shredding requires.
Shredding is healthy; shredding is the key to success. If you opt for professional document shredding in Oklahoma City, you are not only going to save your business from a lot of embarrassment but also inspire millions to take the same step. Trashing without shredding is not only careless but also illegal. You do not want your company to get entwined in such controversies, do you? Make shredding your motto and see the effect it has on your organization and its people.